During my run last night, I was incredibly sore. I was so sore all day because I tried Insanity the night before (wow to those of you who do that on the regular – I didn’t even know I could be sore in the places I’m sore!). But, I still wound up going for a jog and I thought of all the things that annoy me when I run in the city.
So, appropriately, and in Charlotte style, I have a list of all those things. Because, well, of course you want to know what goes through my head.
6. Do not ignore me as I wave at you! Do not look the other way and pretend like me and my totally adorable pet are not running by you! WE ARE HERE.
It’s never supposed to end like this! Runners should be high fiving, cheering, smiling and acknowledging, at the very least. Rude.
5. One of my favorite aromas (and the beauty of living in the city) is the combination of these stenches: cigarette smoke, sewage, garbage and restaurant waste, all rolled into one gigantic gag-worthy stink cloud. The best part is when a human lights up a cigarette right in front me and I get the whiff of the first drag. Vomit barf gross.
They might be free, but they are not wanted by me.
4. Though sometimes my life is dull, I have no desire to die – so please stop ignoring the fact that intersections have crosswalks, Atlanta drivers. I fear for my life more within a 30 minute run than I do on a damn cruise ship because NO ONE pays attention to me in the crosswalk.
I’m going to sic all the cops on the drivers who aren’t attentive to pedestrian joggers.
3. Dear Pet Owners – I understand the disdain you feel when your pet takes a dump in public and you must pick it up, trust me, I do. But why, oh why, do you still refuse to pick it up? It’s a common courtesy, is it not? What’s even worse, though, is when your pet takes a dump on the SIDEWALK and you just leave it for others to step in. WTF?
And yes, it’s happened to me before.
2. To the hot spot of local bars I run by: your sidewalk signs are totally annoying. No one cares that you have two for one beer specials or free wings. You are taking up valuable sidewalk space that I NEED.
Is it though? Are you sure, Locos Grill and Pub? You certain about that? Or did you think the public was ill-educated enough to need it printed on a big old sign and put out on display on the busiest street of Atlanta? Thanks for the clarification about bath salts and beer, it will come in handy when I’m faced with the two options…… Um, what?
1. For the love of anything and everything, drivers, STOP TEXTING AND DRIVING. I am so sick of seeing people staring at their phones and not the road while I’m waiting for a light to change. I can’t believe how nonchalant you all are about STARING AT SOMETHING ELSE other than the road you’re driving on! GET A GRIP.
I almost yelled at someone last night because I just get so irate. I can’t stand to see people making bad driving decisions and come to find out it’s because they’re staring at their phones. Oh. Em. Gee.
Please don’t mistake this for hatred, I love where I run – I could just do without some of these minor nuisances.
Happy Friday folks! I know Leslee feels me with this slow moving week…
What are some of the things about your running environment you dislike/like?
Could you continue to run after stepping in a pile of dog doo doo?
What are you doing this weekend? Rebekah and I are going to meet a blogging friend, the gorgeous Erin! ROAD TRIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! ❤ ❤